A digital leader’s role is to support the use and to further the development of ICT in school. A digital leader may be given specific training and support to develop specific areas of ICT expertise. Once a pupil gains an area of expertise, staff may then request the use of the digit leader for a variety of different roles.
Typically, things that could be performed by a digital leader could be:
- Testing and reviewing new ICT resources, which could be website, hardware, or software.
- Sharing their skills with other pupils, classes, and teachers.
- Setting up ICT equipment in classrooms for teachers.
- Tweet as the school journalists or photographer.
- Create how-to-video help guides.
Your main responsibilities
- To attend all CLT meetings
- You must take an active role in meetings and ensure your voice is heard fairly.
- You may be asked to support running school events such as fund raising and sports days.
- You may be asked to read in assembly or lead an assembly
- You will be responsible in promoting your school at every opportunity.
- Excellent Listening skills
- Willing to respect the views of others
- Represent their peers confidently
- Good at explaining things
- Able to work co-operatively
- Make informed decisions
- Reliable & Willing to give up some of your own time
- Enthusiastic & Energetic