Junior Chaplaincy Team
St Anthony’s Junior Chaplaincy Team
Mr Coyle is our Chaplaincy co-ordinator at St Anthony’s. He is part of a team of 4 lay chaplains who work in all the Catholic schools in Hull. That means that he is only in our school one day a week. Which is why he need a team of Junior Chaplains in school all the time.
Like our Mini Vinnie team, there are 8 Junior Chaplains, 2 from each of the KS2 classes. They help us celebrate the Catholic life of our school. They lead whole school Collective worship each week for both KS1 and KS2. They lead prayer group at special times of the year like Rosary club in October and May, Stations of the Cross during Lent. The Junior Chaplaincy team are responsible for monitoring the sacred spaces in school and help with displays through out school to make sure that everybody knows that God is at the centre of our school.
Within school the Junior Chaplaincy team are a group of pupils from each year group who along with Mr Coyle have the following role:
- To help the school to be a community of faith.
- To encourage pupils to live their faith in daily living.
- To develop good relationships within and beyond the school community.
- To support liturgy, prayer and the spiritual life of the school.
- To continue to develop strong links with local parishes.
- To support through Christ to inspire, learn, achieve and grow.