A librarian is committed to promoting the love of reading in school. Their main responsibility is monitoring and maintaining the library. They may also be asked by staff to help design, organise, or maintain classroom reading areas. A librarian may also be asked to support any reading afterschool clubs, book stalls or reading competitions, such as ‘reader of the week’.
- To help in the library at set times agreed with the librarian
- To shelve fiction books in A-Z order
- To shelve non-fiction books in subject order
- To keep a section of the stock tidy and in the correct order
- To help with library displays
- To help issue and return resources
- To help repair resources
- To help other students find what they are looking for
- Any other jobs which help the librarian
Your main responsibilities
- To attend all CLT meetings
- You must take an active role in meetings and ensure your voice is heard fairly.
- You may be asked to support running school events such as fund raising and sports days.
- You may be asked to read in assembly or lead an assembly
- You will be responsible in promoting your school at every opportunity.
- Excellent Listening skills
- Willing to respect the views of others
- Represent their peers confidently
- Good at explaining things
- Able to work co-operatively
- Make informed decisions
- Reliable & Willing to give up some of your own time
- Enthusiastic & Energetic